Saturday, May 24, 2008

soul sub night

thanks to dj jazzy jesse for letting me fill in this week on "these are the breaks" and thanks to everyone for the friendly phone calls. i finally got to play northern soul and some mainstream soul tonight after a prior scheduling mix-up.

many thanks to the soul girl for helping me out with part of the first hour's set. you should definitely visit her blog if you're a fan of this stuff. her collection is amazing and her 18,000+ song collection should keep you busy for a long while.

oh, and here's the tom dowd & the language of music trailer...



Show Intro
Stop Jivin Me - John Lee Hooker

Northern Soul Mix
Wack Wack – Young Holt Trio
I (Wanna) Testify – The Parliaments
Hit And Run – Rose Batiste
Lend Me Your Hand – The Kindly Shepherds
Soul Galore – Jackie Wilson
Superdance – Jackie Lee
Tainted Love – Gloria Jones
Love’s Gone Bad – Chris Clark
The Magic Touch – Melba Moore
Seven Day Fool – Etta James
Watch Out Boy – Orthea Barnes
In The Basement, Pt. 1 – Etta James
Sweet Things – Billy Kennedy
I’m Blue – The Ikettes
Still In My Heart – David Ruffin
I Saw You There – The Appointments
Voodoo Man – Four Tracks
Do I Love You – Frank Wilson

More Soul Mix
Tramp - Otis Redding
Spasms - Little Willie John
Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
It's Your Voo Doo Working - Charles Sheffield
Walking The Dog - Rufus Thomas
I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James
Green Onions - Booker T And The MG's
I Never Loved A Man - Aretha Franklin
Need Your Love So Bad - Little Willie John
It's A Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown
Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Ray's Blues - Ray Charles
Inner City Blues - Marvin Gaye
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
As - Stevie Wonder

still in my heart - david ruffin






1 comment:

Miss Ann Thrope said...

Four Tracks and Appointments for me please :o) Mind you, James Browns' Mans Mans Mans World is phenomenal!